There are many digital streaming services out there that are not accessible to people with disabilities. Although VOD, video on demand services are offering captions and some described content there should be more of it. We are a team of disabled media consumers who want to make sure digital media is accessible as well as get companies to instill accessibility practices within. We also aim to advocate ahead of the times. While the government and the law lag behind, we will try to bring about forward thinking solutions that are legal and that benefit everyone.
- To provide accessible software and interfaces to VOD customers by advocating for their needs. We will, first, try networking and connecting the right people to ideas and decision makers.
- Implement and ensure future accessibility practices and consideration for multiple disabilities.
- Ensure that relatively all types of disability are taken into careful consideration at all times when designing or planning design changes.
These are the targets we want to meet
- Provide a screen reader friendly experience to all platform functions on the PC and mobile devices with multiple screen readers
- Provide an easily navigable interface for the mobility impaired using adaptive technology.
- Provide easy access to audio described content for the blind and the visually impaired on streaming services as well as DVD selection currently and in the future.
Visit the how you can help us page to see all the ways you can assist us in making VOD services accessible.